Sunday, January 15
This morning as I was playing horn in my church orchestra, my good friend Dave asked me, "so you've received all this terrible news, you're about ready to go through chemo therapy, why are you still smiling and cheerful?" That's a great question Dave, I really hadn't thought about it!
Well let's see:
1. According to my surgeon, I was supposed to die during the first tumor operation in 2000, or if I didn't, I should have been blind, paralyzed, or otherwise handicapped (none of this happened). So that's about 11 extra years so far that I have already been blessed with. Thanks God!
2. I have an AMAZING family with a wife who supports me 100% and is ready and willing to basically give up 5 months of her life to play nursemaid, chauffeur, and babysitter (of me!); and 3 daughters who, in spite of all my faults, think I am a great dad and love me way more than I deserve.
3. I have the best support system of friends (including Facebook...) who so obviously care about me and are thinking about and praying for me.
4. I have an incredible job (and boss) who are going out of their way to accommodate my illness and stick with me through this difficult time.
5. I have THE BEST church filled with loving, caring, and praying people.
6. I have "Special" friends who I can count on to be there for me no matter what.
So Dave - thanks for asking - what more could I possibly want?
Love you all - I'm ready to begin!
I'm so glad to read you are still performing. The sound of your horn in that last scene of "Camelot" always brought me to tears for its purity and beauty. Thinking of you, Ron.
ReplyDeleteWish I could hear you play dat thang more often! Thanks for being an inspiration to all!!
ReplyDelete