January 21st, 2012
So yesterday (Friday) I went in for my daily (Week 1) office visit where they finally unhooked me from my 2 "bag buddies" which I've affectionately named Cheech and Chong. I can't tell you how freeing this is. I have lived the previous week 24/7 with these bags, having to negotiate my way to the bathroom several times per night without tripping over the chords, and constantly hearing the whooshing sound of the chemo poisons entering my body. As if to intentionally damper my mood, the nurse informed me: "Oh - I forgot to tell you - I now have to give you a shot that makes your bone marrow produce an elevated amount of white blood cells to counteract the drop in the white count that will happen over the next couple of weeks. This will give you flu-like symptoms and make all of your major bones hurt in your body, and it may feel like a heart attack!", (Lovely).
Well, I woke up this morning feeling exceptionally great, and was able to have my Saturday coffee session with my best buddies Scott and Mike. I don't know if this is going to be typical for the weeks to come, but so far, this is pretty doable. As of right now, I'm planning to go into work for the next couple of weeks and see how that goes until my next chemo week.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!
Ron
No comments:
Post a Comment