Monday, January 30, 2012
So today I rode my motorcycle from work to the doctor's office in Newport Beach for my regular weekly checkup. I pulled into the parking lot, pulled off my helmet and as I typically do, fluffed up my hair from being pressed down by the helmet. What I saw was a veritable snowstorm of grey hair blowing away in the wind. I then proceded to pull a few handfulls of hair from my head. (I stopped...).
So it looks like I am really going to lose my hair. My guess is that within 3 or 4 days from now I will vaguely resemble Daddy Warbucks. That's ok - I can live with that for a while.
.
The good news is that my blood counts (which were very low for the white cell and platelet counts) were back up in a very healthy range. I attribute this to God, prayer, and this strange green juice that my wife makes me drink every morning, and that my dear friend Lauren Trickett brings by the house each week!
So as of right now, I seem to be in very good health, still able to eat Pho soup (my favorite), go to work, and ride my motorcycle. Life is good. I'm ready for chemo, round 2, starting next Monday!
Keep that positive attitude going and all the love in your heart that you can, Ron! (And I hope you will always be able to eat pho - one of my personal favorites too!)
ReplyDelete