Tuesday, June 12, 2012

6 Weeks Later (after Chemo)

Tuesday June 12, 2012

Hi everyone! So since my last post I have returned to work and attempted to jump back into life after about 5 months off. It has been suprisingly easy to get back into the work routine of early rising, catch the vanpool, work 8 hours, and return home. The main thing I'm noticing is that I have to really kick-start my brain to be able to keep up at work. Maybe it's a result of way too much TV watching on my leave!

Speaking of TV watching, is anyone besides me still in shock over the American Idol results? What about the Lakers??? I would LOVE to see the Thunder beat Miami!!! (See what I mean folks...definitely too much TV!)

Anyway, I had my first CT scan on Friday, and the good news is that the area of my ribs showed no signs of new growth which is a good thing as it looks like the chemo treatment worked. The bad news is that one of the previous tumors on my spine that they were watching has grown a bit and they want to treat it with radiation. This is MUCH preferable to chemo as it involves me going in for about 20 minutes each day for 5 days and get a low doseage of radiation pinpointed to the target area. I can deal with that! Thank God for these results, and thank all of you for your prayers!

The hardest part of returning to work has been coming to grips with my lack of hair! It is really funny to pass a co-worker in the hall that I haven't seen yet and watch the transformation from:
1. who is that guy?
2. wait, he looks familiar...
3. oh my God - that's Ron!! (usually accompanied by a hug...)

I have recently noticed some peach fuzz growing on my head and mustache area, so the hair regrowth process may be starting!

That's it for now - I'll check back in later!
Ron

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ron,

    I have a quick question about your blog. Could you email me when you get a chance?

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete