Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Good Times!

February 29, 2012

So I'm now in chemo-week 3, which will mark my 1/2 way through this ordeal! However, I thought I would use this entry to document some moments over my 2 "off weeks" that can actually be classified as good times.

My good friend Scott Wilson graciously offered me to accompany him on his latest business trip to NY! I will jump at any chance to go see the girls, so I accepted the offer, although I was a bit concerned out my energy would hold up.We were there from Monday through Thursday, and my only low energy day was Wednesday. It was a fantastic trip and I had a lot of time to hang out with the girls. We ate at some amazing health restaurants such as:
- Bareburger (grass-fed beef with gluten-free buns!)
- Green Symphony (health foods and green juice)
Watching Hugo in 3D!
Playing Pool with the Gang
- Whole Food Buffet Meal
- Enjoying popcorn at the movies with Mr. Wilson
- Cruising the city with the Burrows Girls!
Additional good times included my first manicure (yeah - I admit it).

We got to the airport rather early and Scott talked me into getting a 10-minute manicure. I resisted at first but then gave in - and actally enjoyed it! My nails have never looked so good. Next step: pedicure!

So I'm now back at my 3rd chemo week, but just to show it's not all bad, here is a shot of me enjoying a complimentary foot massage at the clinic.

As a topping to these good times, Julia came out to visit me for chemo week! She has accompanied me to each of my chemo sessions and has cooked many gormet meals for me to enjoy. I am definitely getting spoiled!

Goals for the next couple of weeks:
- Finish taxes (yuck)
- Compose a blues song (possibly with chemo being the theme)
- Start the Artist's Way program (Author: Julia Cameron)

Love you all - thanks for following my journey and for all your supportive feedback!

Ron

2 comments:

  1. I love pictures that capture true beauty; photographs that show more than just images. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - when I saw the pics of the manicure, I thought "what girls make their dads do"...and then to read it was with a guy! LOL -- love it.

    So happy you got to spend time with your girls - they are beautiful. (we just got back from a week in WA doing the same thing....)

    blessings my friend - praying for return to 100% health
    cp

    ReplyDelete